Monday, June 18, 2012

I Am Angry


I have opinions.  Lots of them.  Agree or disagree, understand them or not, they are entirely mine.  I have the right to have them, just as I believe everyone else is entitled to their own opinions.

When someone specifically asks my opinion on something, I will supply it.  I stress the “asks” here.  Today I was asked directly.  I commented.  And was instantly blasted for being utterly and completely wrong.  Repeatedly and in not so nice terms. 

Um, no.  My opinion, in my opinion, is completely correct as it’s my opinion.  Others may differ and are welcome to.  I will happily agree to disagree on things.  I have no problem with that.  Differences make us interesting.  What fun would it be if we were all clones?

But declaring that I am WRONG when all I’ve done is respond honestly to a sincere inquiry is disrespectful and not something I take well.  If I’m expected to blindly agree with whatever statements are being made then inform me of that upfront and don’t even bother asking what I think about something.  Just make clear what you require me to parrot and I will, if necessitated.

Sadly, the individual is someone I used to have a fairly decent rapport with.  Used to.  Yes, it only takes seconds of being attacked for a barrier to form and me to revert to polite and distant.  I suppose I’m wrong for protecting myself now too.

No comments: