Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Power of the Mind


I’ve had very weird dreams the past two nights.  It’s been a rather nice change, not having anyone trying to kill me.  Not directly anyway.

I’m not sure where I am or what I’m doing there.  All I know is that I’m outside and it’s cold.  Frigid even.  I’m somewhere surrounded by ice.  I keep waking myself up, I’m shivering that hard.  Sadly, I drift right back into the dream as soon as I doze off again.

Monday morning, I woke up with the cats pressed against me.  Very unusual to have all of them at once.  Generally there are one or two and they seem to take turns.  It was as if they were trying to keep me warm since even when they’re in the bed they snuggle for a bit but then move off to their own spots.

Today, I woke up burrowed under the down comforter that I keep folded up at the end of the bed during warm weather.  So in my sleep I managed to reach it, unfold it and get it spread out on top of the bed.  In the dreams, I was still freezing although the comforter helped.  Awake, I was damn near suffocating and hot as could be.

It’s going to be in the upper 90’s/low 100’s the rest of the week which means my house will be very, very warm.  It’ll be interesting to see if my mind can convince me that I’m cold then too.

No comments: