Friday, June 29, 2012

Woohoo!


A storm rolled through the area in the wee hours this morning.  It was magnificent!  Non-stop lightning for well over an hour.  Sizzles and zaps, thunder and fresh rain.  Mmm.  Perfect.

Okay, perfect for me as far as storms go.  So what if I’ve been up since 3:45 this morning?  We haven’t had a show like that in forever.  Definitely worth losing a little sleep over. 

Funny thing was the cats woke me early today.  Slightly annoying until I realized they’d decided they needed to eat before the storm since Quinn is petrified and goes into hiding.  Poor kitty did not enjoy this morning at all.  But, to keep him from going completely nuts, I restrained myself and did not go out to sit on the porch and watch.  Yes, he panics and cries when I do that so I’ve been staying in to keep him as calm as can be.

It’s tremendously hot and humid today.  Should be all weekend so there’s a good chance of more storms rumbling by.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Happy Weekend!

No comments: