Friday, October 16, 2009

Damn Phillies!


I hate baseball. No. That’s not quite true. It does have its uses. Like, um, something to keep your mind off of how much your arm hurts when balanced precariously on a ladder while trying to paint that last bit of ceiling you can’t really reach but don’t want to climb down and shift everything for the gazillionth time.

What I do hate are the people who think they need to go out and have drinks while they watched today’s game. Apparently its playoff season again since that seems to draw the worst of the lot. Oh wait. That’s not quite true either. They’re welcome to go to any bar they want with the single exception being the one on my corner where I wanted to get some dinner and hang out for a little while. It’s plenty full enough without them on a normal Friday night to begin with.

It was so damn crowded the possibility of making it to the bar was right up there around slim and none. I did spend a minute chatting with the girl on the door as I always do when I wander in. Nope, no chance for a table in the back either. Some inconsiderate group decided to host a surprise party in my bar without consulting me and reserved the whole side dining room. They were so busy the rest of the dining room had over an hour wait because the specials are that yummy.

I’m really happy for them that they are doing so well in these tough economic times. Really I am. But I live here, dammit! Those silly baseball people should know better than to invade my space when I want to be there. I just checked. The Phillies lost. Ha!

No comments: