Monday, October 5, 2009

Whoopdedoo!


I reclaimed my living room over the weekend. I’ve been ignoring it lately. (Forever!) I have to write. Since I have yet to win the lottery I really can’t neglect the day job. Sleeping, though I don’t do as much of that as I probably should, is still necessary. Therefore, something had to slide. (Sorting through junk mail.)

I know you’re thinking deal with it on a daily basis and it wouldn’t get that bad. Yes, I agree. But you see I went of strike a bit ago, nope, not telling when that was, and it kind of accumulated. (Long, vicious story.) I was content with it there for the longest time. And then one day last week I decided it had to go. All of it!

While I was purging I decided to dispose of assorted trinkety things too. I didn’t want them when I received them. (A pink and white meowing cat clock when my house has always been decorated with gargoyles). My lack of fondness for them didn’t diminish over the years. Fortunately for me, I live next door to people with grandchildren who scarf up trinkety stuff. They were thrilled with my numerous trips into their living room to inquire whether they might like to possess whatever it was I was on the verge of tossing.

After two days of this search and destroy mission I’m happy to report it’s as good as it’s going to get and I think I can live with it now. I could use a new carpet but nope, not spending another penny on this house. It’s clean and that’ll have to do. I despise the entertainment center (not my idea to have it in the first place) but it would need to be replaced with something and again, not spending money on things for this house, not even furnishings. Same goes for the desk although that may make its way next door one day soon.

Next up – the kitchen! I wonder how my neighbors feel about assorted weird foodstuffs.

3 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Ah, yes. Been there and done that! Best wishes with your purging!

Regina Carlysle said...

Purging! We have to do that sometimes!

Unknown said...

Oh, I've been putting it off too. Good luck.