Sunday, October 11, 2009

Surprise!


I popped in on Ellora’s Cave Romanticon this weekend. I wanted to meet the incredible people that I spend all my spare time talking to. But I didn’t tell them I was coming.

Ooh, was it fun, introducing myself and seeing their reactions! Regina Carlysle is gorgeous. She’s even sweeter and funnier in person. That's us in the pic. Bronwyn Green is absolutely adorable. Anny Cook is exactly as expected, wise, kind and full of Zen. Kelly Kirch just bubbled with fun. Desiree Holt was pleasant as can be. Cindy Spencer Pape is the coolest. Kathleen Coddington and Kathy Kulig were spectacular but I’d met them before. They’re fairly local to me but it was still great to see them again. I’m sure I’m missing someone and for that, I apologize.

I also met a bunch of the EC staff. Folks, you put on quite an event and I’m once again honored to be associated with you. I can’t wait for the next one! Ooh, my editor was in all the way from Australia. Meeting her alone would have made it well worth the drive. H, you’re simply lovely and I’m thrilled to have a face and voice to go with the emails.

Oh yeah, the EC Cavemen… Whew! ‘Nuff said, right?

On to the rest of my little adventure. Pittsburgh to discuss poetry and life with the esteemed Cutter Murdoch. Have you read him yet? Why not? Click here. You’ll be happy you did. No one can create a whirlwind of imagery quite like Cutter can.

5 comments:

anny cook said...

Ooooh, it was wonderful meeting you!

Unknown said...

Love the picture, Barb. I'm sure it was wonderful to put faces to the emails. I'm disappointed I didn't get to meet everyone this year, especially our editor H. Hopefully next year.

Molly Daniels said...

Did you tackle hug Regina for me?? Glad you were able to make it! I'm soooooo jealous:)

Regina Carlysle said...

OMG...such a huge surprise. You were sitting there oh-so-calmly smiling at me and I did a double take. I swear, I teared up and it was wonderful to just HUG YOU!!!!!

Kathy Kulig said...

Wonderful to see you Barb. So glad you made it. Hopefully, next year you'll make the WHOLE conference. It was so much fun.