Thursday, October 29, 2009

Warning - Nonsense Alert!



Apologizing in advance here. Nah, maybe not. I’m having fun so why should I? First, I woke up migraine free. Yay! Amazing how good lack of debilitating pain can make you feel. Plus it’s misting again and today that’s having a catnip effect on me. And then someone brought me homemade chocolate chip cookies. All after a friend of mine said something that made me smile the kind of smile that lasts all day.

I wasn’t doing all that bad until a grown man wanted to chat with me about his love of coloring. Coloring in coloring books, not drawing and creating his own art. He was very specific about that. Add on to that a bizarre little conversation about happy breakfast food that’s fun because it’s manipulatible muffins instead of massive ones, reportedly oralgasmic to boot, and my level of focus plummeted straight to zilch.

But, to be fair, I will tack on one tidbit of useful information. There is an ant species native to Central and South America that has developed the ability of asexual reproduction, eliminating the males from their colonies. Scientists fear that doing so will result in a less diverse gene pool which could eventually accumulate enough mutations to render them extinct. I, however, disagree. Any bunch of wily fems who are capable of morphing to divest themselves of the need for sperm are definitely going to do something to ensure their long-term survival. Reading the article I got the distinct impression that the scientists were male which could explain much.

Now if only the damn Phillies weren’t playing it would be a truly good day.

2 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

yay for being migrain-free!! (gentle whispers from three states away, ha ha!)

Regina Carlysle said...

Are you watching the World Series? I'll run in and catch a little and then leave again. Feel like a jack in the box popping in and out like that.