Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ritual


Yep, it’s definitely spring. How am I so sure? I wore a t-shirt today, the first of the season, and just about every person I encountered had a conversation with my breasts instead of my face. And that’s in a shirt that wasn’t at all tight. It’s a yearly occurrence. I’m not sure why but people seem to forget they’re there over the winter, like breasts go into hibernation or something.

I have to admit after all these years of this happening it’s become quite amusing. I was very well behaved this year. I haven’t always been. There have been years when I would stop talking and just stare to see how long it took for whatever, um, gentleman I was speaking with to notice. But as I said, I behaved this year and didn’t intentionally embarrass anyone.

Before you ask, no, I am not posting a picture for you, though I do have one, taken last year after friend and fellow writer, Sommer Marsden commented on how difficult it is to take a good picture of one’s own boobs. With a shirt on! Jeez, minds out of the gutter here please. You’ll have to ask her what sparked that discussion.

Okay so how about you? Any odd traditions you have for knowing when spring begins?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Barb, you just crack me the hell up!!!

I love it. OMG, this is So true. I've always had the same issue and it does get amusing after a while. Especially when you totally bust someone looking!

Usually I'm wearing a pair of shorts with my rubber mudd boots and am out to feed the horse or check the mail, thinking no one will see me...right...it never fais that every neighbor I have will roll past and honk.
;}