Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Bit Off


Sorry. You’ll have to forgive me. I’m feeling a bit out of whack today. I’ve been having nightmares again. Last night’s were very disturbing and they’re still bothering me. That happen to you too? Dream something hurtful and then have a difficult time shaking off the feeling it leaves?

I woke up from round one and was very afraid of slipping right back into it as I do far too often. I might have had someone not chosen that moment to start shooting in the alley behind my house. Yeah, nothing like gun shots to distract you. It sounded like they were standing right at my fence. No, I didn’t get up to check. There wasn’t any yelling or sirens so I think they were shooting just for the heck of it and not at anyone in particular.

It took a long time to get back to sleep after that but I did. And then there was round two of the nightmares which were just as unsettling if not even more so as round one so I gave up trying to sleep. I’m tired but I survived. No one killed me last night. Not sleeping or awake. I suppose that’s a good thing.

No comments: