Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bring Chocolate or Get Out


It’s Tuesday. I’m very proud of myself for knowing that. This is day ten of my current migraine and although it’s faded somewhat at the moment, it’s far from gone. Other people have seasonal allergies in the spring. I have migraines. Oh joy. Aren’t I just the lucky one?

Yep, being just a tad sarcastic here. If you’ve ever had a migraine or something similar you’ll understand, forgive me and be impressed that I’m functional. Well, make that marginally functioning. I made it to work today but everything I did was in slow motion so I didn’t accomplish quite what I’d hoped to. There’s always tomorrow. Maybe by then my eyes will cooperate and focus on the same thing at the same time. Yeah, I know. I’m asking for a hell of a lot with that one but it takes a lot longer to do things with one eye closed and all that extra swiveling about started getting to me after a while.

The biggest problem, I mean other than the never-ending pain, nausea, sensitivity to light, sound, smells and temperature, is that my normal ability to filter and censure myself is impaired. Greatly some of the time. I know you’ll have trouble believing this but at work I’m generally well behaved and down right boring. Yeah, I really am. Stop laughing!

My current coworkers don’t know me well enough to know if I was kidding or not when things slipped out. Made for some interesting moments over the last week but I suppose it never hurts to make people wonder. Oh, by the way, if anyone I work with is reading this, yes, I was dead serious when I said you can no longer have any sort of office supplies without an offering of chocolate. That’s how it always should have been anyway, that’s how it’s going to be from now on and don’t even think of bringing the inferior stuff.

No comments: