Monday, October 18, 2010

Ninja Bitch Alert


I woke up grumpy today. Oh hell, it was more than that. Flat out bitch if I’m being truthful. I don’t do that often and there was no discernable reason for it. I was just pissed at the world and ready to turn ninja with the slightest provocation. Of which there was a lot in the first few hours this morning. Not a good thing, trust me. I walked around plotting wicked, evil, very painful demises, some quick, some not, for many I encountered at the start of my day.

And then I wandered off to visit my head doc, a generally entertaining experience. Fortunately he improved my day. Well, sort of. I was no longer furious with the world after chatting with him but something we discussed did leave me a little sad and no, I don’t really want to talk about it. On the migraine medication front, there’s no new and oh so wonderful cure-all but we’ve decided it’s time to try something else that sometimes works for other people. Side effects? Of course. There’s always a tradeoff, isn’t there?

I’ve been a tad resistant to trying this in the past because it’s likely to turn me into a zombie but I’m tired of my head hurting more often than not. This zombiness could be good in some ways – I won’t wake up ready to garrote certain individuals or, if I do, I won’t have the gumption to act on it. Bad in that well, I’ll be a zombie on an on-going basis. I don’t think I’m going to like that but we’ll see. Not being in pain sure would be nice for a change but I’d also like to know I’m not in pain so I could enjoy it.

No comments: