Monday, November 1, 2010

I Need Socks!


It’s getting a little chilly in the morning. Chilly enough that I’ve considered breaking out my brand new, shiny pair of real shoes. Yes, believe it or not, I have real shoes. Got them last summer when they were tremendously on sale and I decided I couldn’t pass them up when they were that cheap.

I looked in my sock drawer this morning and was greatly dismayed by what I found. Not much of anything. I have a few pairs of fluffy white socks I wear with my sneakers, a few that I wear instead of slippers and that’s pretty much it.

My cool socks have fallen to bits. I’m sockless, as it were. Years ago, I worked with a woman who gifted me with the coolest socks every Christmas. Nifty and good quality. So good they’ve lasted all these years. Until now. I really miss her and her little bundles of Christmas socks. I wonder what she’s doing.

I’m now forced to go in search of socks on my own. I am not much of a shopper so I find that task a bit distressing. I preferred letting her deal with it. While I’m out there I should probably search for slippers too since they’re getting mighty shabby these days.

Sigh. Nothing’s ever easy, not even the change of seasons which should just happen without me needing to get involved.

No comments: