Thursday, November 4, 2010


There was some discussion about the differences in terminology for things you use all the time yet don’t or can’t remember the name for.

The object in question today was most definitely a thingy. As opposed to a whatsit or a doohickey, items which I also use. Then there are the doodads and whatchmacallits. Also thingamubobs, thingamujigs and gizmos. To go with the jiggies and gadgets.

I’m sure there are more out there. What do you call them?

1 comment:

Molly Daniels said...

'Thingy' pretty much sums it up!