Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Come Explore...


The softer side of Ellora’s Cave. Blush. Same authors you know and love. Sweet, mainstream romances that will tug at your heart.

And speaking of the Blush line, my new book, Close to Forever, releases the 11th. I love this story! Yes, I know I wrote it but it still makes me sigh at the end. If you have a chance, I’d like to know what you think.

Blurb –

Marc is stuck teaching basic mechanics, but he isn’t happy about it. He’s even less thrilled to discover Chloe in his class. Marc hasn’t seen her since the day she ruined his family. He should hate her, but the more he learns, the more he feels there’s something that just doesn’t add up.

Chloe is ten minutes late for the first class, and the instructor decides to hold it against her. She’s never met a ruder man. Or a more dangerously attractive one. She doesn’t understand his animosity or the attraction between them. When Marc has a change of heart, Chloe must decide if he can be trusted.


Excerpt –

Chloe had been waiting for him to arrive, dressed exactly as he’d predicted. The night he’d spoken to George and the six following, which made him wonder who she was borrowing clothes from, since he was sure they weren’t hers. Each class, he’d worked her hard, assigning her every shit job he could think up, all of which she’d completed without complaint. She didn’t say a peep about how unfair he was being. She just kept coming back for more even though her snooty, high and mighty, sister threw it in her face before she dropped out of the class.

“Hey, Marco,” George greeted as he came through the door. “Heading out soon? I’m ready to lock up.”

“Soon as she’s done cleaning up and gets the tools we used tonight stowed away,” he replied, waving a hand at the woman he referred to without looking over his shoulder.
George did a double take when he saw her and stepped close enough to speak without being overheard.

“That her?”

Marc nodded.

“Damn, she’s hot!” The scowl he got was almost frightening. “Sorry.” He shrugged, grinning as he slowly looked her over. Retreating a few feet, he said loudly, “Something going on here I need to know about?”

“Huh?” Marc’s senses went on full alert. What the hell was George up to? He kept his face blank as he watched his soon-to-be ex-friend stroll over to the class flunky.

When George winked, Marc started planning how to do him in. The guy was already living on borrowed time since that bullet had damn near killed him. He would be dead if Marc hadn’t carried him out and gotten him fixed up as quick as he had. Because he’d saved George’s annoying, interfering in matters where he had no business, ungrateful life, he was therefore entitled to end it whenever he chose to. This was definitely a situation where it was justifiable to exclude the fact that George had been shot by the sniper instead of him.

“Evening, ma’am,” George introduced himself. “Anything you want to tell me?” George gave her his most charming smile. “Strictly speaking it’s not against the rules and personally, I have no notable objections, but Marco here is my best bud and I like to keep an eye out for him. So tell me, what are your intentions in regards to him?”

“My intentions?” Chloe asked politely though she clearly wasn’t thrilled with his attempt to draw her into his game.

“Yes. I do hope they’re honorable. Otherwise I may have something to say about this.”

“Well then you have nothing to worry about. I assure you Mr. Hughes is perfectly safe with me.”

No comments: