Tuesday, February 24, 2009

As Expected

Some things never change.

I met up with some of the ladies I used to work with for dinner tonight. Those I used to enjoy, I still do. Those I didn't care much for, I still don't. No big surprise there.

One thing that was confirmed by chatting with them. I certainly don't miss working in purgatory. Nope, the current day job definitely suits me more. No big surprise with that one either.

You'll be very proud of me. I behaved myself. This time. Don't know if there'll be a next time because it was so hard to not say some of the things I was thinking. Or maybe I'll organize the next gathering so I can invite only those I'm truly interested in seeing again. Yes, that sounds like a better plan to me.

While I was there, Neeley called. Too bad I couldn't talk to her because I haven't been sticking to my vicarious exercise program very well lately. I really need to do better at that. Besides, her I do miss.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would have said what you're thinking - what the hell - life is too short

Regina Carlysle said...

Sometimes when things look bleak, looking back into the past makes you thank your lucky stars.

Anny Cook said...

I always walk away glad that I'm not at that job anymore.

Willow tea is a well-known herbal remedy for pain listed in the old herbals.

Around here there are no limbs within reach as all the trees are huge.