Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I Was Bad


But it was justified.

Years ago, before my ex was an ex the out of town branch of his family was coming for a visit. That morning, I got up early to make sure the house was in order, vacuuming and dusting so everything was just right when they arrived.

While I was expending this effort for people I really didn’t care much for, my ex was still sleeping. As I finished, he decided he would get up and cook himself breakfast in my freshly cleaned kitchen, dumping the pans in the sink about two minutes before they were due.

Needless to say I was not a happy girl. After making a total mess of things, he attempted to joke, saying he wasn’t sure he even wanted the breakfast anymore. Big mistake! He turned around to pull the salsa he drenched everything in the universe with and I snatched his plate right off the counter, dumping the contents down the garbage disposal in my now empty sink since I had just finished putting the pans in the dishwasher after wiping down the counter.

The look on his face was priceless. Just as the explosion began, the doorbell rang. Unbelievably, it was one of the rare occasions in our relationship that his family sided with me. Actually, I think that was when they finally realized there was more to me than previously suspected and quit openly sniping at me.

3 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

That's so totally cool I just don't know what to say. I'm laughing too hard to speak. Isn't it wonderful to, just out of the blue, shock the crap out of everyone???

Molly Daniels said...

You GO girl!

Anny Cook said...

Yay! You go girl!