Saturday, February 28, 2009

Catching Up


Hmm, let’s see. Since I was last here for real I’ve done a bunch of stuff.

Riley and I had a night out with Eva and the Little One. An adventure with the girls is always fun. Dinner and then Oliver. It was well done but not likely to become one of my favorite shows. I did love the villain. Big surprise, right? The guy portraying him had the most incredible voice. Mm, went straight through me.

I did my edits for Hot Rush so soon I’ll know the release date. I also wrote the dreaded blurb and chose an excerpt. Yep, still really hate that part of this whole publishing thing.

I dropped off my tax mess. I’ll be able to pick it up next week, all neat and tidy. I am so dreading it. Anyone hit the lottery lately? Like me enough to help me out here? It’s going to be bad. Seriously bad. Bad enough I’m sure I’ll consider heading up to the roof to jump. Oh, I won’t. It’s not high enough to do anything other than maim me and that would be worse so nope, no jumping for me.

A cool thing I discovered. I had to stop by John’s Great Cars, where I got Howie. While I was there I asked about the variety of wax they used. You see, he smells like crayons and I love it. But, it’s not the wax. They informed me that they’ve noticed that in all the Beetles they’ve had. That made me smile. Nothing like getting into a sunshine yellow, crayon smelling car at the end of a bad day to improve my mood.

The other thing I did yesterday was take Quinn for his rabies shot. Finally! He’s been quarantined with me six months now and shows no signs of rabies so he’s now been deemed safe by the state. Good thing since he bit me the first week I had him. The downside of this was I had to tranquilize him before he went. When he went for his distemper booster after a month he was out of control. So I drugged him about an hour and a half before we left home. He was still wild. It took two techs to hold him while the vet gave him his shot and trimmed his nails. The noises he made were downright scary. He truly hates to be scooped up and held. Kind of amazing since he spends hours at a time curled up on top of me, pesting to be petted. Now he’s good to go for another year. Hopefully, he’ll mellow a little before he has to go back.

So what have you been up to?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hot Rush edits done already - excellent

Anny Cook said...

Nothing so interesting as you. Glad Quinn's all done!

Molly Daniels said...

Two more months until Oreo gets his 'tomtoms' taken off:)

'Doesn't like to be scooped up, but spends the majority of his time curled up...' Cats are definitely interesting creatures, aren't they?

O decided to sleep in the middle of the kitchen floor, on a towel he'd dragged out. D went walking through the other night, w/o turning on any lights, and kicked him across the floor! O was startled when he skidded to a halt under the table:)

Yay on finishing the edits! I need to finish mine.

Regina Carlysle said...

Aww. Poor Quinn. Good on the edits, blurbs and stuff. I know how you hate those pesky blurbs.