Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Barb


I got some excellent book news this week. Ah, almost forgot I write since I don't ramble about it very often, didn't you? That's okay. I'll remind you when something comes up.

My wonderful editor gave me a contract with Ellora's Cave for Questing, the first in my Cosmic Connections series. It's Jordan and Kiley's story and it's very sweet. Oh, except for when Kiley is drugged and kidnapped by a nefarious bastard but you'll have to read it to find out more about that. Sorry, I haven't gotten the release date yet but I'll keep you posted. I have the cover request all ready to send and if the gurus smile on me again it should be hot! Now all I need to do is come up with the most dreaded blurb and I'm all set. Oh no, better not even think of that today or I'll break out in hives and need to go straight back to bed.

In other book news I received the first review for Linked, recently released at Ellora's Cave. Joletta from Sensual says, "Linked is an original, fast paced thriller that I could not put down." How cool is that? Click here to read the rest of the review.

In other stuff, I gave directions to a priest in a black camero the other day. Accurate directions that were easy to follow and would definitely get him to where he was trying to go. You see, I've kind of made it a habit in the past to not do that. I'm the first to admit that I'm pretty much a heathen but even I won't risk the bad karma chips I'd surely get from sending a priest in the wrong direction.

Speaking of being a heathen, I did attempt to read the bible one summer in high school before I was old enough to have a job. I intended to float around the pool, soaking up the rays as I read it. I only got as far as all that begatting and smiting stuff before I dozed off and it went overboard. Even though I fished it off the bottom of the pool but that ended that idea. As I saw it, if the universal powers that be truly wanted me to read the bible they would have either made the beginning more interesting so it didn't put me to sleep or made it float so the pages didn't turn to mush if dunked in chlorinated water.

Have a blessed day.

6 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

Directions to a priest in a black camero! Only YOU! HA. Read your review last night. Excellent but I'm not surprised a bit.

Regina Carlysle said...

Oh damn! Congrats on the contract. This is gonna be a great series.

Molly Daniels said...

Congrats on the contract and the review!

Ummm...maybe I should send you the colorful children's Bible?? It definitely does not put you to sleep and is much shorter than the adult version!

Unknown said...

Yes, I expect you'll go to - we'll meet for coffee there okay? And yeah - I'll say it - great review B....

Sandra Cox said...

Hey Congrats on all the great news! Woo Hoo!
Priest in a black Camero, huh? Hmmm

Anonymous said...

What an awesome review, B. Good job! Great news, too. Keep it up. :}