Thursday, September 3, 2009

Argh!


I was driving up my street today after work and I heard beeping. Annoying as hell beeping. Like a smoke alarm battery going bad only every second beeping.

There’s been a car across the street that I suspected was either stolen or abandoned since it’s pretty beat up. It hasn’t moved in a month and it has an out of state plate. A bit of a nuisance but the tag expires at the end of this month so not all that bad.

Only now it’s beeping. Nonstop. I called the cops and it’s not stolen so they don’t care. I wonder how long it takes for a battery to go dead? I wonder if I’ll be able to convince the neighbor to disconnect it since the window’s open and it would be easy enough to pop the hood? I wonder if I’ve offended someone enough that the noise is counting down for a bomb? I wonder if the cops would be more interested if I alluded to that possibility? Kidding. I’m not that bad. Okay yeah so I do know someone who’s that mad at me today but I also know he didn’t have time to rig a bomb today so I’m not overly worried.

And you thought yesterday’s rhyme was bad. Just wait and see what I come up with after listening to this beeping all night.

1 comment:

Anny Cook said...

Oh, that kind of thing drives me crazy. I'm with you... get them to disconnect it!