Monday, September 7, 2009

It's Always Something

I’ve been pardoned from dryer purgatory. A man appeared at the door, peered at it, and then spent half an hour on the phone since of course it is too old to be listed on his computer. He put the parts in and it worked just fine. Only there was no heat because he wasn’t authorized to reattach the gas line. Don’t quite understand that one since someone else within his organization disconnected it. But okay. I have a very capable neighbor who took pity on me and did that part. While his wife yelled at me for going to the Laundromat instead of coming next door to use their dryer. Yeah, I know. Not good at asking for much of anything here. But I did ask for help with the gas line so I’m learning. So that’s fixed. Yay!

Life should be good. Ha! That’s what you think. While on my way to Lowe’s to get a new vent hose since mine was really ratty, a warning light came on in Howie. Figures, doesn’t it? I checked and it’s a fairly important warning though it may be nothing. It’s got something to do with the electric power control. As I understand it, it’s the gizmo that makes the throttle work. Hmm, need that to function properly so tomorrow I’ll call for an appointment. What do you want to bet that it’s not covered under the extended warranty? Boo!

So how was your weekend?

3 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Hate those warning lights! Glad the dryer is working now! And yeah... sometimes it's hard to ask for help.

Molly Daniels said...

Hahaha...it's the opposite for me. In our old neighborhood, my dryer frequently had problems (about twice a year maybe...) and since it was 9 miles (15 minute drive) to laundromat, I usually asked to use various neighbor's dryers if I couldn't put them on the line. Talk about uncooperative neighbors! But they always came to my house to use the phone if theirs was having problems, or if they needed a lift to town. Yeah, I lived next to a bunch of hypocrites in the old place...

Regina Carlysle said...

You been through HELL with this dryer business but I'm glad your neighbors were such a big help.

Had a great weekend. Very relaxing and fun.