Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Curious

“Your money or your life?” Kind of a dumb thing to ask someone, if you think about it, isn’t it? If you’re willing to kill someone to rob them wouldn’t you also be willing to riffle through their pockets after they’re dead? And who would ever choose to give you their life when faced with that question?

The other questionable phrase I caught was “On my bed in my bedroom”. Is it just me or is that a bit of overkill? I could see adding a location if it were somewhere other than expected. On my bed in the middle of the street, perhaps. But then, if your bed were there wouldn’t that technically make the street an ersatz open-air bedroom and therefore redundant as well? I’m just saying…

Yeah, I know. I gotta get back to sleeping instead of listening to the radio and letting my mind latch onto such things. At least I’m not posting the poetry I wrote last night. You’d really worry about me if I showed you that.

No comments: