Monday, February 1, 2010

My Helper


You haven’t ever made a bed properly if you’ve never had Kya helping. She has designated that as her weekly chore. Apparently I’m not capable on my own.

We start out with the pillows. While I’m attempting to shove them into the cases, Kya’s tugging on the other end. It seems to keep them more evenly dispersed within the case. Next is the fitted sheet. She moves to each corner with me to ensure that I pull the sheet fully around the mattress. She then stands in the middle of the bed to inspect pillow placement, pouncing to rearrange them when I don’t manage it to her satisfaction. The top sheet has to be fluffed just right. Kya runs around beneath it until she’s sure it’s in the proper position before squirming out to supervise the tucking in of it. Repeat with the blanket. Finally I put the comforter folded in half across the bottom of the bed. Yes, if it’s not folded exactly as she wants, she burrows into the fold and opens it so I have to do it again.

Yes, there’s nothing quite like making the bed with the aid of an overly helpful kitty. I’m thinking I should rent her out and offer her services to one of the local hotels. I’m sure they’d appreciate her input even more than I do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gotta love how they help. We had a cat who got under the fitted sheet and wouldn't come out - every single time we made the bed! :)

Molly Daniels said...

Pretty smart cat!

Regina Carlysle said...

I need a helper like that.