Thursday, September 9, 2010

Time


“Clocks slay time... time is dead as long as it is being clicked off by little wheels; only when the clock stops does time come to life.” William Faulkner

I kept finding clocks while I was out and about last weekend. So many I have to suspect it means something.

Perhaps that it’s time for me to do something? Or maybe that there’s plenty of time left for me to do something? Or is it that time is running out, since half the clocks weren’t functional?

Hmm, high time for me to do something. Yes, it is. Just not sure what exactly that may be.

Plenty of time left. I certainly hope so. I’m not THAT old yet and yes, I do have lots of stuff I intend to do.

Time is running out. Perhaps. Yeah, I could read a lot into that one too.

Or maybe it’s just that companies in Reading have always liked displaying clocks on their buildings. Who knows? Whatever it may mean for me I plan on remembering that time is precious. It isn’t infinite, not for each of us individually. And I am determined to make the most of mine.

No comments: