Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wandering


There’s an empty building at 3rd and Greenwich. It’s got this really nifty logo above the doors. One of the entrance ways has it on the railings as well. I have no clue what it stands for. Any ideas?

From what I could tell my guess is that there used to be a small complex on that corner. Unfortunately now there’s no way of telling whether it was all related or not. It’s half torn down now. The remaining shell has become what looks like a practice area for local graffiti artists.

What amazed me was the complete lack of trash. Very unusual for a deserted area in Reading, I assure you. Makes me wonder who’s maintaining it. Hmm, no, not enough to wander back in after dark which is when I suspect it’s occupied. Not alone anyway and I doubt I know anyone local who’d be willing to accompany me. Don’t see why not. There’ve only been a handful of fatal shootings in the neighborhood over the past few months.

No comments: