Monday, September 26, 2011

I'll Write You a Note


I have a friend at work who occasionally goes to the bank around the corner. Every time she goes, I ask her to bring back free samples. I even offer to write a note, asking them to send back a little extra with her. When she returns, she always tells me that they didn’t have any extra and weren’t offering samples that day.

Today, I strolled over there myself. I was chatting with the head teller and happened to inquire as to whether or not my friend has ever actually asked about getting a sample for me. Can you believe she hasn’t? I know. Neither could I.

I must say that the expression on the teller’s face was priceless as she attempted to determine if I was kidding or not. I guess that’s because that particular branch gets held up several times a year. And yes, it has been robbed by people who do their banking there, without any sort of disguise so it isn’t beyond the realm of possibilities that I was doing the same.

Honestly, I’ve never aspired to be a bank robber. Perhaps in the Old West, before cameras, fingerprinting, and exploding dye packets but not now. Hey, I have a question. When the dye pops why do people drop the bag? They know it’s going to happen, or they should. Why not bring a leak-proof bag and take the money somewhere to launder it instead? I’m just saying…

No comments: