Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Not Good


It’s the very beginning of the school year and already things are not going well.

There’s a bus that stops along my way to work. Last year, I had it timed so most days the bus was just pulling out as I was approaching. Sure, every now and then the mom and the bus driver would exchange a few extra words while I waited but on the whole it wasn’t that bad.

Today, I got there and the bus was waiting. Eight minutes later, the bus driver gave up and left without the child. I couldn’t see if the mom came to the door and waived the bus away. If so, why didn’t she do it when the bus first stopped? Sorry, but I think that’s inconsiderate. The bus is there to pick up her child alone. She should either, one, have said child ready and waiting so as not to hold those of us, and the rest of the bus up, or two, be waiting there herself to let the driver know there is no pick up that particular morning.

As you might guess, this was not a good way to start off my day. I don’t like arriving at the very last second for work. I prefer to have a few moments before diving right in. I didn’t today. Yes, I could take a different route to work. Slightly out of my way but not tremendously and I’m sure Howie could adjust since I let him drive most of the time. That, however, is not the point, is it?

No comments: