Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Snippets


I was perusing a magazine at lunch today. Yes, I know I’ve been very remiss in sharing things I’ve found lately. Please forgive me. Perhaps this will make up for it.

Want to learn Spanish without textbooks and boring repetitious drills? Check out Zambombazo! It’s a website set up by a pair of language instructors who decided it would be much more fun learning another language through the use of pop culture. I was surfing around in it and it seems pretty cool. I’m sure I’ll go back to play and yes, end up learning things while I’m at it.

Have you heard what the History Channel did? For some reason, they chose to give Larry the Cable Guy his own show. It’s called Only in America. Um, sorry, I have my doubts on this one. Of course I’ve never been a big Larry fan so maybe I’m being unfair. As you know, I don’t have TV so you’ll have to watch this and let me know if I’m missing something worthwhile.

And last, but certainly not least, a small company in County Meath, Ireland is now marketing canned unicorn meat. They boast “magic in every bite” and an “excellent source of sparkles.” Now, hold on. Don’t kill the messenger. And before you go hunting down the cannery folks, this is the ThinkGeek guys idea of a practical joke. But you really can purchase it for the low, low price of $12.99.

So there you have it. The highlights of my lunchtime reading. Stick around to see what I find next!

No comments: