Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ho Hum Day



Just a bit. It's too hot to think. Yes, the ac is on but I have to keep going to the attic to retrieve the Mouse cat. Silly boy just doesn't understand that it's unwise to sleep in 100 degree heat on a navy blue, furry bean bag chair in a sunbeam. All I can think is that it makes his old bones feel good. At least he's eating again. I think he figured out that I'm serious about taking him to the vet for weekly fluid injections if he doesn't.

My wonderful and overly-indulgent friend Neeley sent me a link today for a map with street views of the Tour de France. Click here to see some of the towns up close. Today's stage took place in the pouring rain. Tomorrow they move into the Pyrenees Mountains and they're worried about encountering ice. Can you imagine flying down an icy mountain road on a racing bike? I've seen them crash and flip over the guardrails into the trees on dry roads.

I promise tomorrow's blog will be more interesting. Amarinda Jones suggested a research project which I chose to accept. I should have it ready by then unless something unexpected and earth shattering happens here tonight, like Colin Firth shows up, finally having realized he just can't live without me. Hm, do you think I should put on some real clothes, just in case?

Tour de France Update -
Winner Stage 8, July 12 - Cavendish, Great Britain
Overall Leader - Kirchen, Luxemburg
Cadel Evans still in 2nd by 6 seconds
Tomorrow starts the first of the mountain stages so that'll shake everything up.

Don't forget - Total-E-Bound's anniversay contest is still going on. Enter to win. First prize is a year's supply of ebooks!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Colin should be damn lucky to get you at all regardless what clothes you are wearing.

"Can you imagine flying down an icy mountain road on a racing bike?" Um...gee...no. But then I am relatively sane

Anny Cook said...

Yep, Kitty loves the warm sun.