Monday, March 30, 2009

Poor Quinn

We had one helluva storm yesterday. Truly fantastic! Thunder, lightening, clouds that made it almost as dark as night, and golf-ball sized hail. Nature at her finest.

I was thoroughly enjoying it and about to head to the porch for a better view when I discovered Quinn huddled in a corner, shivering. Huh? I don’t recall him being terrified last fall but he sure was yesterday. Perhaps it was the hail. I must admit it did make quite a racket.

Instead of going outside and indulging myself I ended up sitting on the floor in the hall without any windows and missing the majority of the storm. Quinn isn’t a cat you scoop up and hold so I had to join him and settle for petting him where he was.

I sure hope he gets over this before storm season starts in earnest. I’ll miss storm watching if he doesn’t but his comfort comes first.

8 comments:

Anny Cook said...

That must have been part of that storm that spawned that tornado. Maybe Quinn knew something...

Regina Carlysle said...

Awwww poor baby!

Unknown said...

I love a good storm - how did Howie fare with the hail?

barbara huffert said...

Howie did better than Quinn. His bra was a little off-kilter but other than that he was unscathed.

Molly Daniels said...

Poor Quinn! You're such a good mommy:)

Unknown said...

Does Howie get picked on by other non-crossing dressing cars?

barbara huffert said...

Nah. He's so cool and confident they know not to even try.

Sandra Cox said...

You're a good mom.