Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Yesterday

But first, my Penguins are in the Stanley Cup playoffs! Not sure who they’ll be playing yet, either Chicago or Detroit. Those two teams haven’t finished their series so we’ll have to wait and see. Lets go Pens!

Yesterday was so busy. It started off with Howie going to the car doc. He had a broken window gizmo. Last week, when I put it up one day, it went snap, crackle, crunch and quit working. It sounded like the window broke inside the door but the noise was a cable slipping off its pulley and wrapping around a thingamabob where it didn’t belong. Then, the next time Howie and I went out, the window started drifting open so it’s been wedged up with cardboard for a week.

I was a bit confused when I got a call asking if I preferred to have the entire unit replaced, all new parts so Howie would definitely be fixed or if I would rather save a few bucks by replacing only some of the parts, risking it happening all over again should one of those not replaced be the one that was worn and caused the malfunction in the first place. Hmm, seemed obvious to me since it wasn’t that much of a cost difference. I chose to have Howie fixed for real. I don’t have time to worry about whether or not he might make that awful noise again and have the window crash down inside the door. The girl who took my money explained that they had to offer the cheaper fix because some people are more concerned with cost than safety. Howie’s a happy bug again after his big day out without me.

Last night was the last of our shows with the little girls. Annie this time with another yummy dinner again first. Very nicely done but Riley and I agreed it will never be our favorite show. What’s truly important is that Eva May and Mackenzie thoroughly enjoyed it. Their smiles alone made it well worth going.

Time to plan more adventures!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Penguins!!!!! Man, I miss hockey!

I'm sure the girls had a blast, Barb. Memories they'll treasure forever!

Sandra Cox said...

Glad Howie's better and that you had a good time.

Molly Daniels said...

Go Pens!

Yeah, that was a 'duh' moment...why only fix something halfway? If you've got the money, fix ALL of it! Howie's worth it:)

Anny Cook said...

Glad you had a lovely time. And of course you should fix Howie right!

Regina Carlysle said...

Annie isn't my favorite but an outting is always fun and I'm sure the girls loved it.