Monday, July 26, 2010

A Glimpse


Migraine – Day 47

My head has hurt so long I don’t remember what it feels like no to. Even though it’s marginally cooler and less humid today it’s still in the upper 80’s so no real relief in sight. Warmer tomorrow. Back to hazy, hot and horrible the rest of the week.

I didn’t sleep again last night. I can’t remember the last time I did. Not a peaceful, restful sleep. As awful as not sleeping is, it’s still better than screaming myself awake multiple times a night as I’ve done far too often this summer.

It’s really starting to bother me. I find myself staring off into space at the oddest times, thinking about nothing. I think zombiness is setting in. At least I haven’t wandered off yet, though more and more I’m feeling like I might without meaning to. Maybe I should pin one of those “Lost. If Found Return To” notes to myself.

My frustration level is growing, as is my grumpiness factor. Perhaps it’s good I am zombiish. If I weren’t I’d more than likely be snapping at people for no reason. Better go into hiding anyway. At least when the zombis invade I’ll have no trouble blending in. I suppose that’s one good thing about all this.

I’m becoming exhausted from the effort it’s taking to appear normal. Even speech is a chore that’s rapidly seeming not worth the bother. Weekends should be longer. I don’t talk then and it’s nice.

The cats must sense that things aren’t quite right. Usually during the day they all vanish to sleep in their favorite locations. These days there’s always one nearby, watching me. It’s like they’re protecting me almost. Cats certainly are amazing critters.

I’ve given up food. Something else I just can’t force myself to bother to deal with. Between that and the sauna-like heat you’d think I’d be getting smaller. Ha! Never seems to work that way.

Oh but there is a silver lining to this ever-expanding black cloud that’s taken up residence above me. Saturday I discovered that when it’s that hot, 100+, it seems like my towels are heated.

No comments: