Friday, December 5, 2008

The 411


First I want to thank you for all the hugs. You guys are the best! Now I’ll tell you why I needed them.

When I had the flat spare the other week a good friend reminded me that I really need to pay more attention to routine car stuff. So, being the good girl I am, I made an appointment to have my oil changed. It was just a little overdue. I’ve only had the car for a few months over a year. No need to rush into it.

When I got to the garage, my mechanic was waiting so it took no time at all. Great, right? Well, the oil change part was. However he informed me that I’m about to need an exhaust system and it’s going to be VERY expensive. Foreign parts. The labor will be reasonable. I wondered if it would last until summer figuring I’d have some time to save up. He laughed at me like he always does when I ask my typical girl questions.

I hate dealing with car things, especially costly car things that are not in my budget. To me, cars are like computers. I want to turn the key or push the button and have them work. I don’t want to worry about all the background stuff. I don’t want to figure out the right moment to go and have this replaced since I’m sure waiting until it falls off completely is probably not the correct answer. Hm, I wonder how I can convince my friend who knows about these things to take over all this stuff for me.

No comments: