Saturday, December 13, 2008

They're Back


Thirty-four years later and they haven't aged one bit. Who am I talking about? Why, the Miser Brothers of course. Heat and Snow. Only this time, they're working together to save Christmas. Or that's what the previews indicate.

This continuation was made in the same stop-motion animation, playing with puppets very slowly, in keeping with the original. Unfortunatley the puppets from 1974 didn't hold up and had to be recreated but the article I read reports that they were designed to emulate the first set. The new version even has some of the original voices, Mickey Rooney as Santa and George Irving as Heat Miser. Dick Shawn, Snow Miser, died in 1987 and has been replaced by Juan Chioran. Don't worry. In the previews you'd never know it. Good thing too, because Snow Miser was my favorite.

Anyway the new special airs tonight for the first time on ABC Family at 8 EST. It's preceeded by the original which I'm sure you'll all want to catch too. If you miss it today I'm positive you'll have another chance. Isn't it fun to stop thinking and be a kid again, if only for a few hours?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Obviously an American thing - never heard of them - whch is odd as we usually get inundated with American stuff.

Unknown said...

And I picked the persimmon one...

Regina Carlysle said...

Why am I not familiar with this show? I thought I'd seen them all.

Sandra Cox said...

I've been watching xmas movies like crazy:)
My word verification was catser:)fitting hey?

Molly Daniels said...

I watched half of it...toddler got bored.