Monday, December 8, 2008

Today's Tidbits


Types of Communicators
1. Passive – 60 % of the population
2. Aggressive – 20 % of the population
3. Assertive – 20 % of the population

Listening Styles
1. Passive
2. Selective
3. Active

Types of Learning
1. Visual
2. Audible
3. Kinesthetic

Three Steps to Mastering Anything
1. Practice
2. Explore
3. Have proper resources

If you read seven minutes a day you will finish twelve books in a year.

Two out of three Americans have low self-esteem.

Einstein’s Definition of Insanity – Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Some states are now requiring students to be certified in the entire Office suite in order to graduate.

The youngest person certified in Excel is seven years old.

The cost to ask one question on the Microsoft help line is $79. Hold times of an hour and a half are not unusual.

One Excel worksheet can have up to 256 columns and 65,536 rows which allows almost 16.8 million cells of information. A workbook can have up to 255 worksheets which is over 4.2 billion cells. Yep, I’m sure I need that many. How about you?

If you haven’t guessed yet, yes, I went to a seminar today.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The sad thing is I think I could have quoted the Excel spreadsheet size to you still... and love the Einstein quote.

I think I have to apply those three steps to mastering anything to organic chemistry right now! I hate finals. But your blog today really made me smile. :)

Anny Cook said...

Your MySpace page is gorgeous! I went there first today. Gosh, aren't seminars just swell???

barbara huffert said...

Thanks Anny. Can you believe it's a stock background?

Regina Carlysle said...

I agree with Neeley. Love the Einstien quote and yes, I'm officially a moron.

Yeah, isn't her myspace gorgeous, Anny? I love it too.

Molly Daniels said...

Gotta love those seminars!