Thursday, December 18, 2008

Forgive Me

Historically I’ve had a lot of trouble with this season and this year is no exception. Nope, not about to go into details. TMI and all that. Besides, the why isn’t all that important. I know I’m far from unique with this one. Lots of people feel down around the holidays. Doesn’t make me feel any better, being one of a crowd here. No, it just makes me sadder.

I was wondering if you could do me a favor. Well, not just me, everyone who feels like I do at the moment. It’s not a big deal and really won’t take any effort on your part. What is it I’m asking you for?

Be a little nicer to everyone whose path you cross. That’s it. Just be kind. Have a bit more patience than you might normally. Smile at strangers. It costs you nothing and might make their day a little brighter. Not that hard, is it? No, it isn’t and you really could make a difference in someone’s life just by doing something so simple. Trust me on that one because I promise it’s true.

Okay, that’s it for now. Thanks for stopping by. And again, I’m sorry for not being more entertaining lately. Stick around and I’ll hopefully do better.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I'll rain check you any day...and yes, we all should be nicer...but will we?

Sommer Marsden said...

I am trying. To be nice and patient. And I cannot seem to find my spirit this year. So...this too shall pass. And bottom line is, it's almost over. This year, I hate to admit, in my head I just heard 'thank god'.

big hugs and some of these too xxx

XOXO
Sommer

Regina Carlysle said...

I've always told my kids to be be KIND. A smile goes a long way and you just never know when one simple act of kindness might change everything for someone.

Anny Cook said...

Excellent blog, dear. Have a wonderful day!