Thursday, December 18, 2008

Forgive Me

Historically I’ve had a lot of trouble with this season and this year is no exception. Nope, not about to go into details. TMI and all that. Besides, the why isn’t all that important. I know I’m far from unique with this one. Lots of people feel down around the holidays. Doesn’t make me feel any better, being one of a crowd here. No, it just makes me sadder.

I was wondering if you could do me a favor. Well, not just me, everyone who feels like I do at the moment. It’s not a big deal and really won’t take any effort on your part. What is it I’m asking you for?

Be a little nicer to everyone whose path you cross. That’s it. Just be kind. Have a bit more patience than you might normally. Smile at strangers. It costs you nothing and might make their day a little brighter. Not that hard, is it? No, it isn’t and you really could make a difference in someone’s life just by doing something so simple. Trust me on that one because I promise it’s true.

Okay, that’s it for now. Thanks for stopping by. And again, I’m sorry for not being more entertaining lately. Stick around and I’ll hopefully do better.


Amarinda Jones said...

Hey, I'll rain check you any day...and yes, we all should be nicer...but will we?

Smut Girl said...

I am trying. To be nice and patient. And I cannot seem to find my spirit this year. So...this too shall pass. And bottom line is, it's almost over. This year, I hate to admit, in my head I just heard 'thank god'.

big hugs and some of these too xxx


Regina Carlysle said...

I've always told my kids to be be KIND. A smile goes a long way and you just never know when one simple act of kindness might change everything for someone.

Anny Cook said...

Excellent blog, dear. Have a wonderful day!