Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Yay!


I have a release date! January 16 which is much earlier than I expected. How cool is that? Don't worry, I'll remind you again when it gets here. In the mean time, here's the blurb and a tame excerpt. I'll give you a spicy one next time.

Blurb:

Tori Banks has suffered nightmares of the same two murderers for years. When she hears reports of another killing, she questions whether the others were also real or just macabre dreams. Can she trust the tall, dark detective who makes her forget about cold-blooded killers and think only of hot, screaming sex?

Detective Guy Breauchard is skeptical when he sets out to meet the woman who sees serial killers in her sleep. But one look is all it takes to stir his blood and have him yearning to fuck her. He’ll have to keep his hands off of the sexy psychic if he has any hope of keeping her safe and out of the hands of the chilling predators who have plans of their own for her.

Reader Advisory: This story contains scenes of extreme violence.

Excerpt:

“Ms. Banks.” Guy forced a thin smile.
“Yes.” She took a step backward.
“I’m Detective Breauchard, Barry’s partner.” He extended his hand and noted both her hesitation and the slight tremble when she finally accepted. “Shall we?” He indicated a nearby table.
“Oh. All right.” Tori looked disturbed by his choice.
Guy let the silence stretch beyond the comfort zone. “I understand you believe you have knowledge of a homicide?”
“I think I might.”
“You might? As in you’re not sure?” He raised an eyebrow.
“Maybe. I don’t know.”
Fighting for patience, Guy made the mistake of glancing at Lana. When he refocused on the woman next to him, he knew she’d seen his date’s annoyed gesture. “Perhaps you could begin by telling me how you got this information that you may or may not have.”
Tori flinched. “I had a nightmare.”
“Pardon me. I don’t think I heard you correctly.”
“I said I had a nightmare. Of that poor woman getting killed.”
Guy snorted. “I see.”
“You don’t believe me, do you?”
“Of course I do, Ms. Banks,” he sneered. “We employ a full staff of sleeping witnesses. How else would we ever catch the bad guys?”
“This was a mistake. I shouldn’t have come.” Tori’s shoulders slumped.
“No, Ms. Banks what you shouldn’t have done was take advantage of the good woman who befriended you and her family.”
“What?” His words startled her into looking at him.
“What’s wrong? Are you so bored with our little community that you decided to play the psychic and stir things up?”
“I never…”
“Cut the bullshit, princess. This is New Hampshire, not California. Your Beverly Hills drama queen act may do it for you there but here, we have values. We respect honesty, not hyped up hysterics.”
“Beverly Hills drama queen,” Tori sputtered. “Since that’s where I’m from, that’s what I must be?”
“Hey, if the shoe fits.” Guy watched her features sharpen with anger and saw something in her eyes that made him question his opinion.
“Then that would make you an asshole, Detective Breauchard,” Tori emphasized the French pronunciation of his name. “Since everyone knows the French are all assholes.”
“My distant family is from Quebec, Ms. Banks but I assure you, I am as American as you are.”
“That may be.” Tori stood and leaned over the table toward him. “But roots count tremendously and Quebec is the next best thing to France. Forgive me for interfering with you evening. I’ll go now and let you get back to your date.”
Guy watched as she mustered her dignity and swept out the door. Anyone watching would see only her grand exit. If Guy hadn’t seen how her hands were shaking and the hurt and sadness in her eyes when she leaned closer to him, he would have believed it too. But he had seen and that made him wonder if her regal behavior as she left wasn’t the true act. If it was then that meant his assumption that she was an attention-seeking lunatic was wrong too.

4 comments:

anny cook said...

Congratulations! Remind us when it gets closer!

Unknown said...

OMG! I just realized we release on the same day - bound to be good karma

barbara huffert said...

Ooh how cool! Now it's destined to be an excellent day.

Molly Daniels said...

Congrats:) Sounds like another good one!