Monday, May 17, 2010

A Bit of a Rant


Tomorrow is Election Day in PA. Make sure you get out and vote. Only you can change the way things are and if you don’t vote, you forfeit your right to bitch. At least in my house you do. I’ve actually asked people to leave when they wouldn’t stop complaining after not bothering to vote and yes, I will do so again should the need arise.

In spite of how that sounds I’m really not a very political person. Nor do I pay much attention to the news most days. But there’s been enough stir about Arizona and illegal aliens for even me to notice. Um, sorry, I don’t get it. If they decided to verify which average white, er, European American girls were legal and which were not I’d have no problem being questioned. After all, weeding out the illegals will save my tax money and then maybe I could afford to remain alive, something which is becoming debatable.

You see the Act 47 folks who are supposedly stepping in to save Reading have decided that the best way to do so is to raise my property taxes 15 percent over the next two years and my city earned income tax another half percent on top of the two they increased it last year. That is on my wages that have now been frozen for the third year. Yep, being punished for working and owning a home yet again. The powers that be seem to have missed the last time I blogged about this so I’ll say it again. No! There is no more for me to give. Come up with something else because I refuse to accept this. Time to through the tea in the harbor. Or the Schuylkill as it were.

Although, I am now part of the minority in Reading. And I’m quickly approaching the sub-poverty level. I wonder how long it will take for me to become eligible for all the various programs I was banned from as a member of the majority? I wonder if I can now host my own segregated parade without someone screaming discrimination? Do I now qualify for my own history month and do I get my own neighborhood center? Will billboards now be required to have English translations?

Hmm, I better quit now since I seem to be drifting away from my original point. What was it again? Oh yeah, I remember. Go vote on Election Day. Make a difference.

No comments: