Monday, May 3, 2010

New Neighbors


New people moved on to my block Friday. Two houses away from me. I have nothing against new people in general but these have already managed to be annoying two out of the three days they were here.

One of the first things they did was set up a table and chair set outside. Nothing wrong with that. But then they proceeded to hang out all night. Very loudly. With small children who were obviously tired. You know that obnoxious half-whine, half-sob they do. Yeah, the kids were doing that. For hours. While the so-called adults drank and ignored them as they set off fireworks within ten feet of the house. Thank goodness we’ve been having a lot of rain lately. I’m not going to like them much if they burn down my house.

Perhaps it was just a moving in bash that went on for two nights. Don’t get me wrong. I agree you must feed the people who help move you. But, since they have this nice table and chair set, I suspect it’s not an isolated weekend. Hmm, it is a nice table and chair set. And it’s not chained down so there’s a good chance it’ll vanish. Hopefully soon.

Two things I’m not sure of. One, how many of the motley crew actually live there. Two, how their presence in the yard at night will go over with the guys who shoot in the alley. Could be a very interesting summer.

I so need to move!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that doesn't sound good. Hopefully the table and chairs will disappear. :)

Molly Daniels said...

A couple of college kids moved in across from us several weeks ago, and threw a party. Can you believe they had the audacity NOT to invite me? Or even offer us some of their liquid refreshment? Tsk tsk...