Thursday, May 20, 2010

Blech!


I had a CT scan today.

I don’t do well with being jabbed in the arm. Even though the woman today was excellent, I will still be bruised for days. At least she didn’t use any tape that usually pulls eighteen layers of skin off like they do sometimes.

I don’t do well with the dye they use though it is marginally better than it was years ago. At least I didn’t pass out, scream or need to curl in a ball on their table for an hour.

I don’t do well being told to hold my breath. I can do it on my own when I’ve been told to listen for a certain sound and then not breathe. But being told to stop breathing? Nope. Seriously can’t do it. At least I managed to hold still enough for them to scan what they needed to and I did it without panicking or bursting into tears.

But I do even less well with being in non-stop pain for weeks on end which is why I put myself through this today. It took a week for me to decide it wasn’t going away on its own. And then almost a week to get an appointment. Another week’s wait for the scan. Only one more week to go before I go back and find out what they’re going to do to fix it.

Good thing I’m tough. Or maybe it’s just like everything else. I’ve gotten so used to hurting now that I’m only a tad grumpy these days. Yeah, that’s most likely it.

Life goes on…

3 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

((((HUGS))))))

Keep us posted...I'm okay with blood draws/dye injections as long as I don't SEE the needle poking into me.

Regina Carlysle said...

I think the 'waiting game' we must play is the hardest part.

Unknown said...

Hugs. I know this will help in the end. But why does the treatment have to be almost as bad (and sometimes worse) than the ailment? The meds I'm on for bronchitis are making me sick to my stomach. I don't know which is worse - coughing 'til I choke or throwing up.