Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cash


Where’d it go? No, I don’t mean we’re all being taxed to death or prices are sky rocketing so we don’t have any left. I’m asking literally what is happening to all of it that used to float around out there.

I don’t know about where you are but I’m seeing less and less actual cash money exchange hands in the places I go. Everyone is using cards, making a simple purchase of a $1.65 cup of coffee take forever. Especially when the woman in question had to stand at the counter, blocking everyone behind her as she pulled out her checkbook and recorded the transaction. Hey, maybe we could add an express line for people who still operate on a cash basis.

As I see it, there must be oodles and oodles of bills piling up somewhere. I have a solution for this growing problem. I’d like to offer my house as a supplemental storage facility to alleviate the overcrowding as I’m sure is occurring. I promise to take very good care of it. I will recycle it back into the universe at a steady rate, thereby ensuring that I never run out of space. Seriously, you can trust me to do this for you on an on-going basis. I won’t get bored and abandon the task in a month or two, should the responsibility be entrusted to me.

No comments: