Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mission Accomplished!


You may remember me mentioning that I’d undertaken a knitting project – an Aran knit sweater with different center panels on the front and back. Well, last weekend I finished assembling it and did the neck. It’s all done and I’m very pleased with the result.

I’m also extremely proud of myself since I had little idea what I was doing when I began. I’d never made any sort of cable or popcorn before and I can now do both. Intricate, double cables in addition to simple ones. I also picked up stitches to form the neck, something else I hadn’t attempted before. Overall, it’s damn impressive even if I do say so myself.

Tomorrow, I’m off to show the ladies at the yarn shop whose belief in my ability to have this come out anything close to resembling a sweater was questionable at best. I think while I’m there I’ll pick up yarn for another project. There’s a second sweater in the pattern book I used that’s just stunning and I know someone it would look lovely on. If I work at it I might have it finished in time for Christmas which is when I’m giving away the first one even though the recipient already knows of its existence.

1 comment:

Molly Daniels said...

(tossing confetti) It looks beautiful! Is it a soft yarn? And did I mention I love sweaters?