Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Focus


Lately I’ve found myself doing Sudoku puzzles. The methodical logic required seems to still the rampant mind bounce that’s been going on far too frequently. I know. Funny, isn’t it? Me being deliberately logical.

The objective, in case you live in a cave, is to use every number, 1 through 9 without repeating that number in any column, row, or 3 X 3 square within the 9 X 9 grid. Simple, right? Well, yeah, sometimes it is. And sometimes I make such a disastrous mess of it that there’s no possibility of it will ever coming out right.

But the point isn’t really to complete the puzzle. For me, it’s more to take a moment and squelch all the noise going on within my head. As much as I’m able to anyway. It reorganizes me and makes me able to concentrate again. Until the next bizarre thought flits through my mind and it’s off and running again.

What do you do when your imagination refuses to quit and needs to be toned down a bit?

1 comment:

anny cook said...

The hunk loves suduko. I find it too frustrating. When I want to unwind, I read.