Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ice!


I was doing some surfing last night. I wanted to check the forecast to see if anything had changed with the prediction of an ice storm. It hadn’t and, looking at the radar, it seemed imminent.

I also came across a list of closings. There were already 90 at 7:00 PM. Being curious, I looked to see if there was anything unusual. There was. The Berks County Prison had closed. I don’t know about you but that stuck me as just too funny. Yes, I do know they meant non-essential personnel shouldn’t report but the instant image that formed was of the inmates being tossed out in the ice and left to fend for themselves in the middle of nowhere, since that’s where BCP is.

It was fairly bad here this morning, though I’m certain not as bad as it could have been. There were many downed trees reported and pockets of power outages, though not nearly as many as there could have been. My lights flickered a little but things at my house are just fine. Work however, is a different story. The pretty tree outside my window toppled over. Again, bad because it was such a lovely little willow but not awful otherwise. It ended up resting against the side of the building without pulling down any wires or breaking any windows. Still, I’m going to miss watching the squirrels playing in it as I eat my lunch.

I’ll leave you with a quote from Dr. Seuss. "The storms starts when the drops start dropping. When the drops stop dropping, the storm starts stopping." Get ready. The drops will start dropping again on Saturday.

1 comment:

anny cook said...

Excellent quote! Thank you!