Monday, February 21, 2011

Movie Time


A few weeks ago I decided I was going to sit down and actually watch the few classic movies I think I’ve seen but never have, start to finish. That weekend it was Casablanca, which as it turns out really is a good movie. Then there was His Girl Friday, entertaining. This weekend I watched African Queen. Sassy, probably risqué for when it was made, and well worth watching.

I still have Holiday Inn, An Affair To Remember, and Going My Way waiting. I don’t know why I’ve never bothered with Holiday Inn when I so adore White Christmas. Or perhaps it is because I do adore White Christmas?

There are other classics that I watch all the time. Inn of the Sixth Happiness. The Philadelphia Story. Desk Set. Bringing Up Baby. Holiday. Houseboat. And let’s not forget Harvey. I mean, what’s not to love when a movie includes a six foot tall invisible rabbit who enjoys going to the pub with you? I wouldn’t mind having one of them myself.

1 comment:

Molly Daniels said...

I'm dying to rewatch 'Mame' and 'Thoroughly Modern Millie':)

Have never seen Casablanca, but I do remember watching African Queen once...Bogart/Hepburn, right?