Budget Print Center, a Reading-based printing company, does a pretty cool monthly newsletter with all sorts of helpful tips. I’m borrowing this from them, some of it you might already know, some of it you might not. They’re a great local business and I recommend them for your printing needs if you’re in the area.
Surely everyone who has a computer has used Google for internet searches. But did you know Google is useful for a lot more than searching? Here are a few helpful tips you may not know about:
- Track flight status info by simply entering the airline and flight number.
- See the weather anywhere by typing "weather" followed by the city and state, U.S. ZIP code, or city and country.
- View instant stock market data for a given company or fund by typing the ticker symbol into the search box.
- Check out instant sports scores for NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, etc. by entering the team name into the search box.
- Use Google as a calculator by simply typing in the calculation you'd like in the search box (ex: 5978/42=)
- To not only search for your word but also its synonyms, place the tilde sign (~) immediately in front of your search term.
- For an instant definition of a word or phrase, type in "Define XYZ."
- Not sure of the spelling of a word? Use Google as a spell checker. Simply type in a word regardless of the spelling.
- Find movie times and reviews by typing in the word "movies" with your location (city, zip code, etc.).
- Track any type of package by simply entering the tracking number in the search box.
- Convert metrics, currency, and more. For example, type in "80 inches in mm."
- Search people profiles by entering a first and last name. Google yourself as an example.
- Translate text by using translate.google.com
- Do a local search. For example, type in your city name and "coffee" and a list of local coffee shops will appear.
- Find out the current time anywhere in the world by typing "time XZY."
- Look up a phone number. Simply enter the phone number you're interested in.