Saturday, February 11, 2012

Next Time...


I went out and about on some errands this morning only to encounter this sight right around the corner from my house. Yeah, I should have known it was a warning, telling me to turn around and go back home. Did I heed it? No, of course not. I had things to do.

In the course of my journey I had to stop at the yarn store to pick up the yarn that had been ordered last time I was there. It’s located on the busiest street in West Reading and anyone who has ever been there can tell you what a bitch it is to find parking. I, however, don’t usually have any trouble. You see, I have Howie and he’s magical. But even his magic wasn’t powerful enough today. We ended up almost two blocks away. Again, did I opt to forego the rest of my errands? Nope. Silly me went on my way.

I ended up my circuit at Ronie’s, Home of the Steak, a corner bar that makes the best delmonico steak sandwiches. Oh, the sandwich was just as yummy as ever. But I ended up taking it home instead of eating it there. The place was deserted. As in I was the only one there. I walked in and Ronie was playing a video game, watching golf. I felt like I was intruding. He seemed old and tired. Thinking on it, he probably is. I’ve been going there for 25 years and he was in business long before I walked in.

So I collected my yarn and had a nom sammich but all in all it was a depressing day. I should have paid more attention to the light when it told me to proceed with caution and only gone the places that were absolutely necessary.

No comments: