Friday, May 9, 2008

Argh!



Edits. Don't you just love 'em...not! Especially since I'm not certain the suggested changes are valid and can be made without altering the point of the story I've told. But I'll be back with an excerpt when I'm done. Somedays it's more fun to be a writer than others.

Update - Minor edits accomplished without fuss. Workable compromises under consideration for additions. It's very difficult because I'm one of those authors who writes from the heart for me, not commercially for you. But I've calmed down enough to at least think about it reasonably and stopped taking it so personally. Well for the most part anyway.

2 comments:

Anika Hamilton said...

I know exactily what you mean. It is hard not to feel like the edits are a personal attack.

Unknown said...

You know my thoughts on this topic. I am glad you have finished.