Saturday, May 24, 2008

C'mon Over




Chex mix is ready. Drinks are mixed. Music provided by the neighbors both out front, across the parking lot and out back, down the alley.

That brings up a complaint about summer. Musical choices of others. Now don't misunderstand. I like music. Pretty much all music. Except when there's more than one thing playing at a time that is. I really wish they'd coordinate better. It's a beautiful day and I have all the windows open. It's very distracting, having overlapping rhythms like there've been all day.

I have a question. Why does pineapple juice only come in wee tiny non-reclosable cans? Why is it the only juice that doesn't come in full-sized bottles? It means I have to mix pitchers of Malibu bay breezes instead of individual glasses. You better all be on your way over here. I going to need some help with these.

My Penguins play tonight, game one of the Stanley Cup finals. Send out good vibes please. I should be working on revising my new story but I know I'll be too involved watching the game to get much accomplished. At least with the holiday I should be back on track before heading in to work Tuesday. Um, unless none of you show up for drinks or I spend too much time at the picnic Monday.

Well that's my weekend. Hope you're doing something you want to be doing. Whatever it is, be safe.



4 comments:

J.J. Hebert said...

I love Chex Mix!

Unknown said...

I hope you're penguin men won and I'd love to come over for drinks and chex mix...one day...

Sandra Cox said...

Go Penguins!

Phoenix said...

I'm all for the rum drink, cool breezes and chex mix. Send directions, I'll bring reinforcements.