Thursday, July 30, 2009

Meh


I read a Dirt Bike magazine today. There is plenty of stuff in it that I might have told you about. How to lace up a new rim, that new reeds might keep your plugs from fouling once you replace a bent exhaust pipe, how to dial in your sag to get optimum performance during a race, how to repack your muffler. Yes, I could tell you about all that plus more because, believe it or not I do actually understand what they all are. I had a dirt bike when I was a kid and then, as I grew up, I had guy friends who spent a lot of time tinkering.

But I decided you probably aren’t all that interested so I moved onto the next magazine. It was another knife catalog. I know I’ve mentioned my fascination with sexy sleek black knives before and nope, it hasn’t waned. Hot and wicked and whew, had to put that one away because it was entirely too distracting and I have things to do so I couldn’t let myself get lost drooling.

I have a bunch of assorted religious pamphlets and magazines at my disposal but no, I think it best not to go there. In my opinion, we’re all entitled to our own religious views. Do no harm with yours and I have no problem with anything you choose to believe. But that doesn’t mean I’m willing to discuss my own beliefs. Not really any of your concern and I don’t know why it would interest you unless we were debating religion in general and not in specific terms to me or anyone else. That, I’ll do – discuss various belief systems, compare and contrast different societies’ religious values. Sure, no problem there but that is vastly different from forcing your own beliefs on someone who really doesn’t want to know and didn’t ask in the first place so the specific religious materials were out for today’s topic.

The local business journal has nothing that I deem worth passing on this time. Reading’s unemployment rate is at an all-time high. Gee, no surprise there and probably the same wherever you are so that’s out.

I have a super cool Disc Makers catalog should anyone want to make and market your own CDs or DVDs. I’ll be happy to share it with you in exchange for a copy of whatever you produce.

Sigh. Nope, nothing here really blog worthy today so instead I’ll just wish you all a happy Thursday.

No comments: