Thursday, July 23, 2009

Some Stuff


So last night I was lounging around, wishing for something unhealthy to nibble and went off to scavenge the cabinets even though I knew there was nothing there. Lo and behold I was wrong. It turns out that the insane woman who timeshares my head brought home brownie mix at some point. Gotta love her even if she did commandeer yesterday’s blog after sitting around all day giggling like a giddy little girl for no good reason. Yeah, some days are a lot of fun around here. Too bad I’m the only one who can hear what all’s going on. Ooh, perhaps not. Anyway, there were chewy fudge cinnamon brownies last night, thanks to her. For that, I’m letting her stay.

I realized something about myself today. I can recite the alphabet backwards as easily as forward. Now there’s a marketable talent for you. I noticed when I was working on the weekly project I always do in reverse order. What I can’t figure out now is why I do it Z-A instead of just flipping over the stack as I go. Hmm, I wonder if I can blame that one on her too.

I saw a rat this morning. A fairly small rat, not a big scary run screaming rat. Right around the corner from my house there’s a historical marker commemorating the site of the first Boscov’s department store in Reading. The rat was poised there, gazing up at it. I wondered if it’s on vacation and doing a little sightseeing around town. Kind of surprised me that a rat would choose to do its day trip to that particular spot but perhaps it holds some kind of family memory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never fail to amaze me, dear one!

Anny Cook said...

It was a country rat, come up to the big city for a vacation.

Regina Carlysle said...

EWWWWWW....RATS!!!!

Glad you had some brownie mix. That sounds so good.